Sunday 28 January 2024

A Change of Plan



So......back at the end of 2019 - it seems so long ago now! - I mothballed this blog.  I needed a change, to try something different.  And also because as I settled into retirement and my income plummetted from Funny Money to a Small Beer Pension it became obvious that my travelling days, at least for the time being, had ground to a halt. From averaging two flights a week, the norm since the turn of the Millennium, I was now looking at 2 a year (maybe half a dozen in a good year), and those really all to England.  Difficult to keep up the interest on that number, now my globe-trotting days had been consigned to history.  I still intended to write, and indeed have, but the blog content expanded to cover health issues, politics, more cultural stuff like book and music and movie revviews: very different.  I lumped it all together on a new blog, This World, This Life (https://travellin-bob2.blogspot.com), with a different appearance (that I changed twice before being satisfied) and carried on writing).

Long Covid has made creativity a challenge, as the condition invariably affects concentration (not to put too fine a point on it, it can fuck up your brain completely) amongst other things, and the effects can last months or even years.  It's taken me close to four years to get back to something like normality and be able to focus on reading and writing anything bigger than a shopping list or a WhatsApp message, but I'm at the point now where I NEED to do this.  So I've decided to resurrect this channel, and from now on it will contain only travel stuff (as befits a title like The World According to Travellin' Bob, with an airplane window view of clouds and a wingtip as its background image). The non-travel stuff will remain where it is, on This World....  Right now, I'm busy migrating all the travel content across (and no doubt updating some of it) and it will publish here over the next few days.  I hope to get that process done in a week, so there will be bits popping up every day - starting now. 

After that......well,  let's see how it goes......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Travellin' Bob's Cruise 'n' Views

  Hooray! First trip of the year booked - back to Switzerland for some walking and relaxing in the clear mountain air in August, admiring th...