Tuesday 3 December 2019

A struggle.....

So I sit here, staring at a blank screen.
For hours.
Days even.
The words don't come.

They used to - not exactly easily (at least some days).
But they come
Eventually.
And when that happens, they flow, unbidden.  

I wrote a book, years ago.
In a month,
It came pouring out - 
A brain dump - complete:

Characters, locations,
Actions and dialogue.
No idea how or where from.
But they came.

Stories too, sometimes long and sometimes short,
Scribbled in notebooks,
Scraps of paper…..
All lost now.

None published, none in the light of day.
The book in my hard drive, typed clean
And edited many times.
But no mainstream interest - 

So Kindle it is, when I can raise my enthusiasm again -
Upload it, write the tags, the synopsis, the bio
and design (somehow…)  a cover,
Price it…..and release. Voila!

Then what? Follow up somehow, two projects
On the go....but stalled.
The visions are blurred
And I can't see my way forward.

So I sit here, staring at a blank screen.
For hours.
Days even…..

The words don't come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Travellin' Bob's Cruise 'n' Views

  Hooray! First trip of the year booked - back to Switzerland for some walking and relaxing in the clear mountain air in August, admiring th...