Friday 25 March 2011

The Internet.....

What a wonderful invention!

Not only does it allow me to write this thing, and if I feel like it surf some entertaining websites in the evening when I'm stuck in a hotel somewhere, not to mention keep in touch with my football club's results and performances - pretty good this year, after relegation last season - AND buy decent music for my iPod, books to read in airport lounges and gifts for my family (flowers at Valentines are always good for brownie points)......it's the best way of keeping in touch with my friends, flung to all corners of the globe, and my folks back home in England, and Poland, and Canada and Australia.  Free Skype messaging and cheap phone calls.  E-mails.  Facebook (but forget about Twitter...I just don't get it!!!).

I love it.

And today.....well, it's my birthday.  All day I've had greetings hitting my Facebook account.  I've just hit the Lounge at Geneva airport on my way home, logged onto the free wifi service here and opened Skype (blocked on the client site) and I'm swamped by greetings from people there too....from Singapore, Saudi, Paris and I dunno where else.  All through this wonderful invention.

So....to all of you: sincere thanks for your greetings, they are much appreciated and have made this Old Man very very happy!

Happy travels to one and all.  Be safe and stay lucky.

Travellin Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment

Travellin' Bob's Cruise 'n' Views

  Hooray! First trip of the year booked - back to Switzerland for some walking and relaxing in the clear mountain air in August, admiring th...