Tuesday 21 December 2010

Season's Greetings

Yo  ho ho.

Well, I've been a bit quiet the past couple of weeks, mainly because I've been busy wrapping everything up in Trinidad and preparing for my return to Europe.  I did start a post about my time there, and was just about finished - the biggest post yet and a very good one, even if I say so myself - when my Fat Fingers got in the way and I managed to delete the whole thing......I was NOT amused.  I'll have to do another one in the New Year.
So in the meantime, Trinidad is all done and dusted and we're all back home.  The journey was quite arduous, especially the eight hours hanging around JFK.....the most unpleasant airport in the world, full of rude and arrogant Yanks who mistakenly believe they rule the world: I absolutely loathe it! - and getting out in the fresh air (-5C) after 6 months of 30+ came as a bit of a shock to the system.  But it's great to get back home and sleep in my own bed, eat decent Polish bread instead of the doughy shite sold in PoS, and be surrounded by the familiar comforts of KEN.

As Sinatra says, it's oh so nice to go travellin, but it's so much nicer to come home.

                                                       *          *         *
Anyway, it's the end of the year, and the Christmas season is upon us again.

So I'll say no more except to wish all of my readers, wherever you are, a very Happy Christmas and a wonderful New Year.  And if you're not Christian, so the season is meaningless to you, then may Your God be with you (as an Irish comedian always used to say).

Until the next time.....

Do zobaczenia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A day out in Olsztyn

  I fancied a day out, a change of scenery from that out of the window. It had been a stressful couple of weeks, what with one thing and a...