Tuesday 12 July 2011

That time of year

Travellin Bob is off on holiday tomorrow.

Ania and the kids are already away, and I'm off to join them tomorrow.  We've rented a cottage a couple of kilometres in from the Baltic coast here in Poland.  So tomorrow morning I hop on the 11:10 express train to Gdynia, a long seven hour ride I've done several times in the past, armed with sandwiches, something to drink, some magazines and books and the trusty iPod for entertainment, relax in my comfortable First Class window seat and watch the country slide by.  I'm looking forward to relaxing for the journey - and especially meeting up with my beloved family after nearly 5 weeks apart.....I can't wait!

We have bikes with us, a little tent to put up in the garden that no doubt the kids and I will sleep in some nights, and Ania has already pinpointed the best value bars and ice-cream parlours and restaurants  in the nearby village.  The beaches will all be good - there don't seem to be any bad ones on the Baltic coast.  All we have to hope for is good weather - July in Poland can be a little mixed, hot and sunny one day, pissing with rain the next (and sometimes both in one day).  But it will be good anyway.

So I'm taking a break from writing this for a couple of weeks.  I'll be back on line in August, with a holiday report.  Back to Abu Dhabi for a couple of weeks then, so expect more Gulf News, then a new destination - Cyprus - for a few months.  The football season starts, too, and my club are looking forward to a decent season for once after a difficult few years.  My little man Kuba is off to proper school in September, and my little Princess off to playschool, so there is a lot to look forward to in the second half of the year.

And of course, plenty of travellin'.....

Happy days.

1 comment:

  1. This July in Poland is EXTREMELY mixed - don't you think? ;-) But still hope you're doing fine :-))

    ReplyDelete

Travellin' Bob's Cruise 'n' Views

  Hooray! First trip of the year booked - back to Switzerland for some walking and relaxing in the clear mountain air in August, admiring th...