Sunday 25 December 2011

December 25th

It's that time of the year again.  Christmas Day.

It's grey, chilly and drizzly, but not snowing.  Probably the only people I know having an honest-to-God White Christmas are my cousins in Canada (one near Ottawa, the other Vancouver) where it tends to snow from about October - but the way weather is nowadays that might not be the case either.  It used to snow in Poland from then too - it was when I moved here 10 years ago, but I can't remember the last really white
Christmas in Warsaw.....maybe my last UK Christmas, when a blizzard kept me here an extra night so I got back to England on Christmas Eve.  Certainly the last few years have missed the snow and this year we haven't even fitted the winter tyres yet: unheard of.  So Al Gore's Inconvenient Truth is definitely true, no matter what America's industrial lobby and other global warming sceptics may say.  Me, I think we're in deep shit and the failure of Kyoto and more recently Durban could haunt as all for generations.

But anyway, wherever or however you're celebrating - whether Maracas Beach in Trini, the African bush, Kiev or Gravesend, or anywhere else hot and sunny or grey and cold, I wish you the very best for this Christmas season and Health, Wealth and Happiness for 2012.

1 comment:

  1. Thx! And all the best for you too! (again - as far as we've already seen this year ;-).
    Christmas in Kiev was quite strange because Ukrainians don't celebrate it in December, instead they're prepering for New Year's Eve. Still festive anyway... :-)

    ReplyDelete

Travellin' Bob's Cruise 'n' Views

  Hooray! First trip of the year booked - back to Switzerland for some walking and relaxing in the clear mountain air in August, admiring th...